Research and Publications
Since the establishment of the Department, there are numbers of research projects, publication have been realized, and some of the projects are still going on. Within the projects and the publications, the focuses are innovation, entrepreneurship, and technology transfer and university-industry collaboration. The current going on projects and recent publications provided below.
- Overcoming Barriers and Developing Best Practice for Supporting Entrepreneurship and Trade in Universities and Innovation Intermediaries: Lessons for Turkey and the UK, British Academy Newton Fund Advanced Fellowship Award, (2017 -2019)
Recent selected publication during last 4 years.
- Durst, S., Temel, S., Ferenhof, H.A.,(Eds.) (2018) Open innovation and knowledge management in small and medium-sized enterprises, World Scientific. http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/10806#t=authors
- Durst, S., Temel, S., (2018), Open innovation and knowledge management in SMEs: what comes next? In S. Durst, S. Temel, H.A Ferenhof (Eds), Open innovation and knowledge management in small and medium-sized enterprises, World Scientific.
- Temel, S., Durst, S., (2018), The interplay between open innovation and knowledge management in SMEs, In S. Durst, S. Temel, H.A Ferenhof (Eds), Open innovation and knowledge management in small and medium-sized enterprises, World Scientific.
- Ranga, M., Temel, S., (2018), From a nascent to a mature regional innovation system in the Turkish region of Izmir: what drives the transition? In E. Erdil, D. Meissner and J. Chataway (Eds), The undiscovered impacts of universities on innovation, Spinger.
- Temel, S., Durst, S., Yesilay, R. B., Hinteregger, C., Sukan, F. V., & Uzkurt, C. (2015). The Drivers of Entrepreneurial Universities in Emerging Economies: A Turkish Case Study. In L. Carmo Farinha, J. Ferreira, H. Smith, & S. Bagchi-Sen (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Global Competitive Advantage through Innovation and Entrepreneurship(pp. 569-588). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-8348-8.ch031
- Hinteregger, C., Durst, S., Temel, S., Yesilay, R. B. (2018). The impact of Openness on innovation in SMEs, International Journal of Innovation Management, 1950003, https://doi.org/10.1142/S1363919619500038
- Durst, S., Hinteregger, C., Temel, S., Yesilay, R. B. (2018). Insight from the later stage of the new product development process: findings from Turkey, European Journal of Innovation Management, ISSN 1793-6950 https://doi.org/10.1108/EJIM-08-2017-0102
- Durst, S., Temel, S., Hinteregger, C., & Yesilay, R. B. (2017). New Product Introduction in Turkish Firms: Insights Across Sectors. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), 1750011, https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219877017500110
- Fry., C., Mention, A.-L., Temel, S., Torkkeli, M. (2016), Measuring the impact of knowledge sourcing and cooperation on innovation success: Some empirical evidence from Turkey, International Journal of Transitions and Innovation Systems, 5(1), pp:46-65
- Lee, E.M., Temel, S., Uzkurt, C. (2016). The Effect of Consumers' Innovation Perception on the Internet Usage Behaviors, Journal of Innovation Science, 8(2), pp:100-112.
- Yeşilay, R.B., Temel, S. (2016), University-industry collaboration from the perspective of academic staff: The case of Ege Higher Vocational School, Ege Stratejik Araştırmalar Dergisi, Vol 7, Special issue, pp: 191-204. http://dx.doi.org/10.18354/esam.36982
Fry., C., Mention, A.-L., Temel, S., Torkkeli, M. (2016), Exploring time lag effects of Open Innovation practices on performance during economic turmoil, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 10(2/3), pp. 184-208
- Ranga, M.,Temel, S., Ar, I.M., Yesilay, R.B., Vardar-Sukan, F. (2016), Building Technology Transfer Capacity in Turkish Universities: A Critical Analysis, European Journal of Education, Special Issue on "University-Business Cooperation in Europe-Making Opportunities out of Challenges and Deriving Policy Implications (guest-edited by Dr. Tobias Kesting and Prof. Thomas Baaken from the University of Munster) 15(1), pp. 90-106. DOI: 10.1111/ejed.12164
- Yesilay, R.B., Ar, I.M., Temel, S. (2015), The Relationship Between R&D Government Support and Patents for SMEs in Emerging Economies; A Turkish Case Study, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 1550021.